I-Corps™ at NIH Informational Webinar
December 8, 2016
There will be an information webinar for the I-Corps™ at NIH Program on Thursday, December 8, 2016, 12:30 – 1:30. Join I-Corps at NIH alum, instructors, and program staff to learn about the how the program is structured, what benefits SBIR companies have received from participating, and how to apply for the upcoming cohort.
Click here to sign up.
I-Corps™ at NIH Program is an entrepreneurial training program for SBIR and STTR companies from the NIH and CDC. The program is taught by seasoned industry experts to help accelerate the translation of innovations from lab to market.
The I-Corps™ at NIH is modeled after the successful I-Corps™ at NSF and will be leveraged to support biomedical innovation and translation, with the goal of expediting technologies to address the leading causes of death and disability in the United States. I-Corps™ participants will receive capacity building and entrepreneurial trainings, mentorship opportunities, as well as modest funding to assist them in translating their ideas from the lab into a viable product on the market and to help them avoid common failure points.
Small business Phase I grantees of the following NIH/CDC SBIR & STTR Programs are eligible and encouraged to apply by January 9, 2017 to Funding Opportunity Announcement PA-16-414 (http://bit.ly/PA16414).
Participating ICs include:
- National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)
- National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI)
- National Institute on Aging (NIA)
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD)
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD)
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR)
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS)
- National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS)
- National Center for Emerging Zoonotic and Infectious Diseases (NCEZID/CDC)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH/CDC)
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH)
View the funding opportunity announcement and call for applications to apply. For more information or questions on the I-Corps™ at NIH program, please visit http://sbir.cancer.gov/icorps/ or contact Christie Canaria at NCI SBIR Development Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).